I'm tired. I am and always have been a proud breast feeding momma. However, Andrew will be two in February, and he is still nursing frequently through the night. I am so sick of it. He uses me as a soother and ends up waking well over 15 times a night. It is insane. As a newborn, he would do a 6 hour stretch and then wake up for a feeding, and then two 3 hour stretches. I know, everyone says, "just wean him already" It really is way harder then it seems. He still asks to nurse quite a bit during the day as well. I know a lot of the time he does it because he is bored. Maybe I am lazy, I don't know. It just seems that I can't do enough to keep him entertained. When we are around other people, he is super happy. Loving to be busy and be around others. When it is just him and I, he is bored. I think that maybe I don't do enough fun things with him in the house, but I have to keep up after my own house work. I sometimes feel like weaning him cold turkey would be a great plan, but I can't bear the all night awake session (we tried doing this a couple of times now) I barely get any sleep as it is, but to go from little to none is worse. I am not a good mom when I am tired.
Ugghh. Okay, I know this is a little bit of a rant. I love Andrew with my whole heart and I am grateful everyday for him. He truly is a gift from God. I just wish I could have a little sleep.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SOphie was much more interested in real food than nursing... although that was her go to soother, also. Does he nurse a lot during the day? Does he drink milk from a cup or bottle?? Can you try to give him that instead? I know it's hard, Sarah! Hang in there!
If I didn't know better I would think I just wrote that post. Popeye doesn't nurse 15 times a night, but probably 5 or 6...I get very frustrated and am always tired. During the day he wants to nurse about every 30 minutes and sometimes I get soo sore from it. I just told my hub the other day that he's making me almost want to wean him because he's wanting to nurse so much! I think I would regret it though. He's 16 months and I do love the closeness.
I totally understand your rant and if you ever want to vent through email, go right ahead!
flipflopmamma(at)gmail(dot)com
Also, thanks for the snack idea! That's a great idea!
hahaha, I just realized you wrote that in November! Maybe things are better now??
Post a Comment