Monday, November 17, 2008

An update

Okay, since Jamie linked to me, I figured I should put an update, seeing since last time I wrote anything was in June. Oops.
I was actually planning on writing a post the other day before I knew that I was linked to, so I am not completely a blog slacker.
I usually come on the computer when I am rocking my little man to sleep, so I don't have free hands to type, but once he is out, I do a lot of surfing. I have been checking out a lot of crafty websites lately. A lot of these women could give Martha Stewart a run for her money. There are a lot of talented people out there. Here are a few I think you should check out:

Little Birdie Secrets


Tip Junkie


homemade by jilll

Thrifty Decor Chick

I am getting some serious inspiration from these sites!

In other news, I have been reading all over on blogs about how people have already put up there Christmas tree. I have always waited until the 25th of November to put up my tree, but I figured since so many of you were, that I would too.

PEOPLE THINK I AM CRAZY.

My husband came home and asked me what I was thinking and he assumed that I must have been super bored today. I told my mom and she replied, "now why would you do that so early?" I told my sister. "Your kidding me right?" Apparently people around here don't put up their trees early. I figure, why not? I mean, I love Christmas, so if I want to have my tree up now, I will have it up now. If I want to keep it up all year, maybe I will. (I know I would never do that, I probably would be crazy if I did.)
Andrew sure thought it was fun to smash all of my glass balls while I was going to the bathroom, and he also somehow decapitated all of the people for my Christmas village while giving them rides in his toy tractor. I think I may keep the little headless people. He sure is a busy boy, but he is so darn sweet.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

How funny! My boys also broke a few of the Christmas balls! Hey, have you gotten your package yet?? I figure we're both about due, right?

~Crystal~ said...

YOU BLOGGED!!!! HAVE MERCY! HA!

I grew up putting the Christmas tree up Thanksgiving night or the day after. When got my won tree I decided to just start putting it up earlier. I love Christmas so much, plus that's alot of work for only 4 weeks of display!