Friday, November 21, 2008

My Favourite Things!

I received my favourite things package from Jamie today! So exciting!

I am going to have to steal some pictures from her blog when she posts about the package she sent me because unfortunately, my digital camera is broken. I only have my dvd video camera, which doesn't allow me to get pictures or videos off until the disc is full, and I just started a new CD.

I will tell you what was in there, though. Jamie wrapped everything! She loves surprises and opening gifts, so she wrapped every individual thing up! It was seriously like a little Christmas here. Gabriel, Andrew and I were all pumped taking turns opening each gift.



She sent me peanut m & m's. Yummy. No word of a lie, I was having the biggest chocolate craving today, and I was so pumped when I found them. She also sent popcorn, which I later read that I was supposed to try with the popcorn. Too bad we had devoured the m & m's before we read the note from Jamie. I am definitely going to have to try that.

There was also a journal. Believe it or not, I debated sending a journal in my favourite things package, but decided against it since I don't journal as much as I used too. I used to journal all the time, but haven't done much since I had Andrew. I have been meaning to buy a new journal, mostly to have as a prayer journal. Great minds must think alike.

Then there were a package of mechanical pencils. While that never even crossed my mind to put in my package, I love those pencils. Growing up, I was in a family of six kids, and when we did back to school supplies shopping, we always just got the basics. Nothing fancy. I was always a little envious of the kids with the mechanical pencils.

She also sent pop rock candy. They were one of my favourite childhood candies. We even fed some to Andrew, who couldn't stop giggling as he ate them. By the way, all of them are already gone.

She also sent me a Glade Fresh Linen Candle (which is burning right now!) There used to be a little store around here that sold fresh linen candles, and my husband and I were both crazy about them. That store closed down about 5 years ago, and we have not had a fresh linen candle since then. I had completely forgot about those candles until now.

She also sent two pair of boys shorts for Andrew. The one pair is an olive green and the one pair is plaid. We have already put the plaid pair on Andrew and they are so stinkin' cute! hey fit him great now, and they should still fit him next summer.

Last, she sent a toy Nemo car. Her boys had picked it out to send for Andrew because they love playing with cars and the whole family loves Disney. Andrew LOVES it! He got pretty pumped when he pulled it out, and has been driving it around for a while. He loves cars too, but we actually have no small ones for him yet, so it is his first. I had wanted to send toys for her kids too, and almost sent some toy trucks for her boys as well. So thoughtful of Jamie to include Andrew in her gift as well.

We were pretty pleased and feel a little spoiled over here. The house smells like clean linen, we have bellies full of candy, and are waiting to eat the popcorn after supper.

Thanks so much, Jamie! She was the one who organized this swap and I had a blast. We really enjoyed your package.
Thanks to Jamie, I can now put the pictures on here!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh, I'm so glad!!! This makes me smile!! I will send you the pictures so you can post them!