I took this from Crystal's blog. I thought it would be fun to try, even though we celebrate Thanksgiving in October in Canada.
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? I have done both, and I like both. We rotate houses in my family for Christmas's and Thanksgiving's.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird? We always go frozen, although I suppose it would be nice to have fresh.
3. What kind of stuffing? My mom's stuffing. Traditional, normal stuffing. It always is the first thing to go.
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Oh yum! Both please, and lot's of both. Pumpkin pie is my very favourite pie, and I love sweet potato, all year round.
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? I could honestly eat turkey everyday. I love turkey leftovers.
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? Definitely stuffing, and my sisters special candied sweet potatos.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? By carcass do you mean the bones? Yes, I do. Every time I cook turkey or a chicken, I boil the bones to make stock for a soup/
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? Two ovens. Definitely two ovens.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? We eat at normal dinner hour.
10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? I am asked to always bring the buns. My mom has the best bun recipe, but has lost her bread making touch. So now I make the buns. I also like to bring a dessert, like pumpkin cheesecake.
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house? My one sister-in-law likes her food cold, so when we had dinner at her house one year, everything was cool, even the turkey. Yuck. I love her, but I wish she wouldn't bring anything except stuff that is meant to be cold, like a salad or a dessert. (My family doesn't know about this blog- it's all good) I also hate picked beets and a lot of my family loves those things.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? It's my family, so yeah, there is usually drama and happiness.
13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Stuffing, mashed turnip, and mashed potatoes and gravy.
14. What are you thankful for this year? I'm thankful for a lot. My husband and his wonderful new work schedule that allows us to actually spend time with him. My sweet son. New life being born all around me. Our new house, and the funds that are making it possible to renovate, and our debt load being reduced very quickly.
Now it's your turn!
I took this from Crystal's blog. I thought it would be fun to try, even though we celebrate Thanksgiving in October in Canada.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm gonna need that bun recipe!
Post a Comment