Monday, April 14, 2008

A New Start

Okay, so I have decided to start a new blog. Start fresh.

I find myself checking other people's blogs all the time. I had another blog before, but I never updated. It felt like a chore. I don't know if starting a new one will help, but I will try.

We are so deep in renovations and I am so sick of it. Right now, as I type, I have no kitchen sink, and all of the plumbing for my tub/toilet/bathroom sink has been removed. We are waiting for the plumbers to come. Yuck!

So I am currently challenging myself with Philippians 4:8. "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

I just read a devotion the other day that spoke directly to me. I never believed that when I spoke to my husband, my mom, or my sister that the words that spilled out of my mouth were gossip or slander. I felt I was just venting how I was feeling. God has been speaking to me about that lately. I really need to watch my mouth. If the words I am saying are not uplifting someone, that they do not need to be said at all.

You would not believe how challenging this is, at least for me. I don't think I am a mean person, but I used to make fun of other people a lot. I would not like people to say the things about me that I have said about them. It is really tough when you see someone doing something that you would have made fun of in the past, say for some crazy outfit or horrible hair-do, etc, and to just stop your mouth.

I pray for God to stop me and think before I speak. Our mouth's are such horrible weapons and can do so much damage. I want the words that come out of my mouth to be true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. Don't you?

No comments: