Thursday, May 1, 2008

I never fell off of the face of the earth...

I haven't written for a while, but there is a good reason. My mom and and took a little vacation together. Actually, my dad came for the trip with us to Calgary, but he had already bought a smart car (yikes!) and he left in his new car.

Mom and I went to go see my sister. It was great seeing her. I miss her a lot and I haven't seen her for a while. She found out not too long ago that she was pregnant, so I had to go see her expanding belly, as well!

The trip went awesome, except for the very end. Andrew traveled amazingly well, both there and back, which was amazing, because he usually screams after a 20 minute car ride (and this was 6 hours, one way!)

I followed the instructions of my GPS on the way home, and we ended up on some dirt road that my GPS told me was a short cut, and we got stuck in some terrible mud. We were stuck for over 4 hours, with even a tow truck refusing to help us, because he thought he would get stuck too. After walking to 4 different farms, we finally found one with someone home. When the lady's husband came home, he pulled us out. Thank God for the kindness of strangers!

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh my goodness! Did you take pictures of the mud experience?

~Crystal~ said...

I think you really did fall off the face of the earth this time!

~Crystal~ said...

Thinking about you today.