Sunday, June 22, 2008

Okay, so maybe I did fall off the face of the earth.

I feel like I need some sort of validation for blogging. I think that may be what my problem is. It seems when no one reads my blog, what the heck is the point of blogging?

I guess it is good for me to vent what I am feeling. Lately, all I have been feeling is tired. That seems to be a recurring theme for all of my posts. Andrew still doesn't sleep well, and all everyone tells me is that I need to wean him. He isn't even a year and a half. I waited my whole life to have a baby, and why can't I enjoy him as a baby. He is a baby for such a short time. The world wants kids to grow up way too fast, and it is hard to not get caught up in that. People pride themselves on having a baby that sleeps away from them and through the night. I love having Andrew curled up beside me, hearing his sweet breath, and feeling his warmth beside me. I know I am tired. I know he doesn't need to nurse 8 million times a night, but I do know that it won't last.

Is that okay?

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

You do what you think is best. It's your child. I agree the world wants babies to grow up way too fast. Enjoy him as a baby as long as possible. I'm glad you posted something. :)

Jamie said...

Okay, so I came on here to try and make my favorite things package relevent to you, and I read this post! I hope you are having some success with sleeping now, but I'll tell you what I would tell any of my friends... you do what your instincts tell you to do with your child. I weaned Sophie at one year, but mainly because she was so interested in real food that she quit wanting to nurse, so she basically weaned herself!